badge

badge
of course, it's:

Saturday, December 6, 2014

BEAD HOARDERS BLOG HOP

Well I didn't do it. The date came and I was not prepared. It being the month of Christmas I actually had to make jewelry for real people. Plus ever since I took Joyce Scott's intensive workshop my skill have improved but my execution seems to have gone downhill. Then I got a puppy, who devoured all the energy and attention I had. Well I don't have that puppy anymore. I gave him up, to my brother who lives in a more rural area where the dog will have more room. But how I loved the puppy and that puppy loved me back. So now the cat is strutting around the house, chest out. He thinks he got rid of the puppy, demolished the competition. I love my cat and while the puppy was here I had little time for the cat. So he thinks he did all this. And he's heen helping me with everything. In one photo you can see him helping with the jewelry photographs.
You would think since the house was quieter I would have gotten some lovely art bead jewelry to show you. But I made nothing. So Im showing a selection of my latest work, beaded styrofoam balls and a bracelet from my i=unchained sequence as well as a present bracelet for a bead swap partner in Louisiana. Its lovely but I was very dissatisfied with it, so I mean to make her a shiny Christmas bracelet too.

from my unchained series

here you can see the chains and the helping paw


two pictures of my spiral rope /Russian rope bracelet with toggle clasp

 styrofoam ball and peyote stitch

my wonderful cat and bead helper, he likes to type on the computer, too

Lori Anderson www.PrettyThingsBlog.com  (Hostess)

Evelyn Shelby http://raindropcreationsbyevelyn.blogspot.com
Terri Gauthier http://terrisbloomingideas.blogspot.com/
Lisa Knappenberger LIRaysaDesigns.blogspot.com
Mary Lindell marylindell.com
Niky Sayers silverniknats.blogspot.co.uk
Patricia Handschuh thecolorofdreams.blogspot.com
Maria Rosa Sharrow willowstreetshops.blogspot.com
Kathleen Breeding www.99bobotw.blogspot.com
Michelle Escano www.cabbycraft.com
Sheila Prose www.catswithbeads.blogspot.com  you are here
Kari Asbury www.hippiechickdesign.blogspot.com
Ghislaine Kruse-van Erp www.kruseartllc.com
Rachel Mallis www.mintmonarch.com/#!Blog/c1jlz
Susan McClelland www.mistheword12.com
Nicole Valentine www.nvalentine.blogspot.com
Blanca Medina www.peru-medesigns.com
Roxanne Mendoza www.roxidesigns.blogspot.com
Bridget Torres www.shears58.net
Kelly Hosford Patterson www.TravelingSideShow.blogspot.com
Robin Kae Reed                                          http://www.willowdragon.blogspot.com/
Melissa Trudinger                                      https://beadrecipes.wordpress.com/
Regina Wood                                                  http://gina-design.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Does the cat comes with the bracelets ? ;)

Amazing work you made here ! love all the colors.

Terri said...

Beautiful and brilliant designs! Love the color palate too. One talented lady!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful designs. Love the colors! I have 3 cats - one who likes to lay on my computer, and one who loves the heat from the light on my bead desk. The other one only likes me when I'm asleep.

KJ said...

LOL And to think I want a cat! My biggest struggle is with time, so I understand completely. Your work is wonderfully layered. I am sure the recipient will appreciate the gift.

fay ................................................... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fay ................................................... said...

Made some spelling errors so will try again.
Love the colors in the Russian rope bracelet.. Well done

Hannah said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us. Its okay to sometimes have life get in the way, especially at this holiday season.

Anonymous said...

That bracelet is beautiful. Beaded Styrofoam balls? Wow, I love that idea. They would be so lightweight. I would never have the patience to do all those tiny beads but it would be such fun to use those beaded balls.

Kepi said...

Beautiful unique bracelets, very different and very creative! Love kitty too!

Donetta said...

I was tickled to see that others forgot as well...it makes me feel a bit less like I have a form of dementia! I have awe and admiration for your seed beadery skills; love your work! And the kitty is the perfect "cherry on top" for this blog post!

Unknown said...

I especially love your rope bracelet with toggle! Beautiful.

Shai Williams said...

Great designs! That rope bracelet is gasp-worthy.

And beautiful cat. I am sure that he is proud of himself for running off that pesky puppy.

Lori Anderson said...

I do love your work -- and don't feel bad, my pieces, although all made with my hoarded beads, had been made a while ago -- I haven't made anything in a while. I love the kitty -- our two have been keeping me company.